The UKCCD is currently engaged in:
– Brexit – Feeding into discussions on policy goals for the creative industries
– Revision of the Audiovisual Media Services Directive – monitoring changes in order to safeguard local production and a pluralistic, creative environment
– Brokering partnerships to establish a national set of indicators as benchmarks for diversity of cultural expressions. Building on the National Campaign for the Arts’ Cultural Index to include social measures beyond the economic inputs and value of the cultural industries.
– EU-USA Free Trade Agreement – Monitoring the EU Mandate for the negotiation of the Free Trade Agreement with the USA. We are lobbying to sustain commitments to culture and diversity in particular through maintaining the cultural exception by excluding audiovisual and creative industries from negotiations. See Letter to EU Commission Candidates and related docs in European section of archive.
– Culture and Development – Supporting cultural goals in the post-2015-millennium development goals with specific targets. Supporting artists’ mobility
– UK Arts Cuts – Monitoring the impact of regional and national government cuts on artists and arts organisations. See Lost Arts Campaign.
– U40 Group – Building connections with the U40 Group so that the UK benefits from links with this successful international network of young cultural professionals now hosted by the International Federation of Coalitions